When walking or running barefoot you’ll often have curious folks ask why you’re unshod. Here are 37 light hearted responses you can try next time. Enjoy!
1) You’re not!
2) You’re observant!
3) You’re right!
4) Thanks for the tip.
5) No shit, Sherlock.
Why aren’t you wearing shoes?
6) Don’t like ‘em.
7) They make my feet sweat/stink.
8) My feet like the fresh air.
9) My feet were hot.
10) One less thing to do in the morning.
11) Why aren’t you wearing gloves [hat]?
12) To annoy people like you.
13) Why do you care?
14) I’m allergic to them.
15) I’m not wearing a tie either.
16) I’m off-duty.
17) I’m opposed to wasting petrochemicals/leather.
18) I’m performing a scientific foot-toughening experiment.
19) If I don’t keep in contact with the ground, I build up a static charge.
20) My feet were jealous of my hands.
21) I’ll give you three-thousand guesses.
22) They are a conspiracy by multi-national plastic and leather merchants.
23) I knew I had forgotten something!
Why are you barefoot?
24) I like the way it feels.
25) It’s much more comfortable.
26) I think it looks cool.
27) I want to toughen my feet.
28) It’s good for my feet.
29) Because feet are beautiful.
30) It gives me this wonderful feeling of freedom.
31) I want keep in touch with the earth.
32) Because I’m not wearing shoes [duh!].
33) Try and work it out.
34) Because I m not concerned with your contempt.
36) Because you don’t pay my salary.
37) I’m in a time-warp from the ’60s.
As you read our reviews, please keep in mind that our reviewers review shoes in terms of their suitability for those looking to find the highest quality minimalist shoe products. All reviews are as factual as possible. In an effort to be transparent and ethical, we will point out any defects found, even if these do not affect the usability of the product. Not all defects will be present in final production shoes as we are sometimes offered “seconds” or pre-release products in an effort to provide you with reviews in a timely manor. In the event that serious issues are found with a review sample we will give every opportunity for the manufacturer to replace to explain the review samples before the final review is released. We never accept payments for reviews. We do not guarantee a good review for any products sent to us. We do not review products that do not claim to be minimalist or “barefoot like” unless we receive a significant number of requests from readers or listeners.
Should you have any questions about our review process or would like your product reviewed on our site, please do not hesitate to contact us using our contact page.
Find “Living Barefoot” in iTunes and download it onto your iPod / iPhone or listen online
Stay updated by being notified when we release a new reviews. Subscribe Here.
As Living Barefoot continues to grow our costs keep increasing. In order to cover the many costs necessary to provide our readers and listeners with the great quality reviews and content on Living Barefoot we would like to request your help.
If you like what we are doing, we are asking for a tiny contribution to show your support. We guarantee you won’t notice the missing contribution, but if enough people participate, it can be a significant contribution to help continue to innovate and bring you great reviews, news, and personalities through the Living Barefoot Show.
What will we do in return? We’ll continue to offer you great free news, reviews, and guest interviews on our show. We will also decrease the amount of advertising on our site as subscriptions increase.
Donate as little as $1 monthly. The subscription will simply deduct $1 from your bank or credit card monthly. You can cancel the automatic withdrawal at any time. You won’t notice $1, but we will!